Before you begin to migrate your application, ensure that you fulfill the prerequisites and familiarize yourself the Migration Utility and the actions it takes.
- Review the information about the major changes made in Uniface 10, and about the migration process. For more information, see What's New in Uniface 10 and Migration Facility.
- Review the Platform Availability Matrix to ensure that your environment supports Uniface 10.
- Ensure that you use a Unicode-enabled database for the Uniface 10 Repository.
- If you are using a version of Uniface prior
to Uniface 9.6, upgrade to Uniface 9.6 or 9.7, and migrate your Repository to Uniface 9.
Note: If the Uniface 9 Repository originates from Uniface 8 or earlier, and non-migrated data is found when importing to Uniface 10, the version 8 objects will be rejected. For more information, see the Uniface 9 Migration Guide.
- Install Uniface 10, if you have not already done so. It automatically creates a default Repository using an SQLite database. For more information, see Installing Uniface.
- If you want to use another supported database as your Repository, generate the SQL scripts to create the required Repository tables using the Create Table facility (/gensql createtable), then run these scripts in the appropriate DBMS. For more information, see Generate Scripts for Creating Repository Tables and /genSql.